Skip to main content

How to File a Stop Payment Notice on a Public Works Construction Project in California (Updated)

Posted by attorney David Ginn

This guide will give you general information about using a Stop Payment Notice to collect on unpaid invoices on public works construction projects in California.

Additional resources provided by the author

California Mechanics Liens and Related Construction Remedies, published by the Continuing Education of the Bar (available at most law libraries).

Forms are available through

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Filed under: Real estate Employment