Written by attorney Roman Leonov

How to change your minor child's legal name in New York City.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rules are constantly changing, and so are agencies and their respective duties. Please be sure to check with the local civil court and by calling 311 regarding updated information on various agencies handling documentation mentioned above.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer