Written by attorney Margaret Brooke Davis

How to Challenge you Driving on Suspended Charge (when suspended for failure to pay fines and costs)

An attorney can challenge your DOS charge by challenging the validity of the police officer's stop of your vehicle, challenging whether you had legal notice of your suspension, and challenging the validity of a subsequent DOS charge. But there's a lot you as a client can do to help your case as well

Additional resources provided by the author

Assuming your suspended license is out of Virginia, you should either walk into your local DMV or simply visit to learn for about license suspensions generally.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer