Written by attorney Tracy Lee Wood

How to beat a traffic ticket in California

Trial by Written Declaration provides two chances to win. If you lose, you can request a new trial. If the officer fails to submit a declaration or fails to appear, the citation is dismissed. If the officer appears, a plea bargain to a no point violation is usually possible.

Additional resources provided by the author

California Court website

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer