Written by attorney Florian Bruno

How to Authenticate Foreign Documents for Use in US Courts or Government Agencies

Many legal documents need to be certified so they can be used in legal proceedings. It is often difficult enough if these documents were issued by a US agency or court. But what has to be done when a document issued by a foreign country's court or agency is needed in the United States?

Additional resources provided by the author

In case you wish to authenticate foreign documents, or in case you need to use a US-document (e.g. a New York judgment or a document notarized by a NY notary) overseas, please contact Bruno Law LLC. We will gladly assist you.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer