Written by attorney Katrin Eleonore Falco

How Fees Work in a Divorce Case

-You can seek, through the court, a request for Attorney’s fees to be paid by the moneyed spouse.

-The legislature created a reputable presumption that allows the non-moneyed spouse to be entitled to an award of Attorney’s fees.

  • The first thing that the court considers is the disparity in the party’s income because there has to be a moneyed spouse, and a non-moneyed spouse for it to be paid.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer