Written by attorney Christine Sue Cook

How can I stop paying child support after finding out the child is not mine?

There is an action called disestablishment of paternity that a father would have to take after determining that a child is not his in order to stop paying child support; however, this can be a really tricky legal issue, and it's one best handled by an experienced family law attorney.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer