Written by attorney Nadine Navarro

How can I apply to work in the United States?

There is no such thing as a stand-alone work permit. You must either have an employment offer from an employer willing to sponsor your green card or an employment-based visa or be able to self-petition relying on your extraordinary qualifications. The other option is to start your own company.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer