Written by attorney Guichard St. Surin

How can child support be changed in Florida?


Child support can change in Florida by filing a supplemental petition to modify your child support payment, and you have to show a substantial and material change in circumstances. When looking at the substantial change in circumstance, the way that the court calculate whether or not there is a substantial change is whether or not your payment will increase or decrease by $50 or more, or if your pay has increased or decreased by 15% or more. If you can make a showing of such, then the court would modify your child support payment.

Additional resources provided by the author

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families. We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved. We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers. With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again. We truly are here to serve the one. For more information, Please visit our website or schedule a consultation.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer