Written by attorney Adelle Petersen

How a Father can Establish Paternity

If a father is not married to the mother, one way to establish paternity is to do an acknowledgement of paternity. The paperwork can be filled out at the hospital after the birth of the child, however you have up to the first birthday to get the paperwork filled out properly.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer