Level Two Limited Provisional License
• Drivers must be at least 16 years old, but less than 18.
• You may drive without supervision from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. and at any time when driving directly to or from work or any volunteer fire, rescue or emergency medical service, if you are a member.
• You must hold this license six months prior to applying for a Limited Provisional License.
• You will be given a Driving Log to be completed detailing a minimum of 12 hours of operation. At least six hours must occur during nighttime hours. The log must be signed by the supervising driver and submitted to the Division at the time of application for the Full Provisional License.
• All passengers must be restrained by seat belt or child safety seat.
• Supervising driver must be seated beside the driver.
• The number of passengers allowed in the vehicle under the age of 21 is restricted to ONE when the driver of the vehicle is the holder of a level II, OR if all passengers under the age of 21 are members of the driver’s immediate family or members of the same household as the driver, there is no “under 21" limit. If the supervising driver is in the car, this restriction does not apply.
• Youarenotpermittedtouseamobiletelephoneorotheradditionaltechnology associated with a mobile telephone while operating a motor vehicle on a public street or highway or public vehicular area. Exception: You can use it to call the following regarding an emergency situation: an emergency response operator; a hospital, physician’s office, or a health clinic; a public or privately owned ambulance company or service; a fire department; a law enforcement agency; your parent, legal guardian or spouse.
NOTE: Before graduating to level three, you must have no convictions of motor vehicle moving violations or seat belt/mobile telephone infractions within the preceding six months.
SUPERVISING DRIVER: A supervising driver must be a parent, grandparent or guardian of the permit/license holder, or a responsible person approved by the parent or guardian. A supervising driver must hold a valid driver license and must have been licensed for at least five years.