We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
Graduated Licensing—Licensing for Drivers 15–18
Limited Learner Permit
If you are at least 15 years of age and have completed an approved driver education course that meets North Carolina requirements and can present a Driving Eligibility Certificate (issued by the public school system), or a high school diploma or its equivalent, you may apply for a Level One Limited Learner Permit to operate vehicles requiring a Class C License.
• You must be at least 15 years old but less than 18 years old and reside in North Carolina.
• You must pass written, sign and vision tests.
• Duringthefirstsixmonths,alevelonepermitauthorizesyoutodrivebetween the hours of 5 a.m. and 9 p.m., while accompanied by your supervising driver.
• Six months from level one issuance, you are eligible to drive anytime with a supervising driver.
• You must hold this permit for 12 months prior to applying for a Limited Provisional License.
• You will be given a Driving Log to be completed detailing a minimum of 60 hours of operation. At least 10 hours must occur during nighttime hours. Only 10 hours per week may be counted towards the 60 hours requirement. The log must be signed by the supervising driver and submitted to the Division at the time of application for the Limited Provisional License.
• All passengers must be restrained by seat belt or child safety seat.
• No one except the driver and the supervising driver are allowed in the front seat.
• Youarenotpermittedtouseamobiletelephoneorotheradditionaltechnology associated with a mobile telephone while operating a motor vehicle on a public street or highway or public vehicular area. Exception: You can use it to call the following regarding an emergency situation: an emergency response operator; a hospital, physician’s office or a health clinic; a public or privately owned ambulance company or service; a fire department; a law enforcement agency; your parent, legal guardian or spouse.
NOTE: Before graduating to level two, you must have no convictions of motor vehicle moving violations or seat belt/mobile telephone infractions within the preceding six months.