Written by attorney Antonio Gastelum Treviño

Go Around the Estate Tax If You Invest in the United States

We are frequently asked what a foreign non-resident investor with investments and assets located in the United States can do to avoid the estate tax that this country imposes on them at the time of their death. As we have mentioned in other articles, there are various ways to do so depending on the type of assets or investment located in the U.S., including a foreign trust combined with a limited liability company, or LLC.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer