Written by attorney Kimberly Ann Trueman | Oct 21, 2016

Gifting to Minors

You can absolutely designate minor children to receive money under retirement accounts and life insurance policies. However, you NEVER want to designate that the child receive those monies outright. In other words, you would not simply fill out the child’s name and information, like you would an adult beneficiary. This is because minors may not own property.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer