Written by attorney Anthony Joseph Kuhn

Get VA Benefits (Compensation) Without an Honorable Discharge

Former service members may not be eligible for service-connected compensation and other benefits if they receive a dishonorable discharge. Were you separated with an Other Than Honorable classification of service? If so, this guide is for you.

Additional resources provided by the author

Each branch has online material as a reference for review boards. See the Army Review Board Agency information at See the Department of Veterans Affairs Website for information regarding discharge classifications at

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer