Written by attorney Romy B Jurado

Get The Facts On When To Submit The FIRPTA Withholding Application

One of the biggest hang ups foreign nationals have about selling their U.S. properties is FIRPTA—short for the Foreign Investment in Property Tax—which is levied on the gross sales price of most U.S. properties sold by non-U.S. citizens.

Additional resources provided by the author

If you are a Realtor or seller involved in a FIRPTA transaction, please contact me at 305-921-0440 or email me directly at [email protected]

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer