Written by attorney Adam Nathaniel Williams

Gathering Information Regarding an Estate in Washington with Possible Litigation

In Washington, anyone who owned real property or the estate value exceeds $100,000.00 must file a probate. Either a Personal Representative or an Administrator manages the Estate. If a person died with a Will, their Will names a Personal Representative (sometimes referred to as an Executor). This individual typically serves with non-intervention powers and without bond. If the person died without a Will, then a member of his family may petition to become the Administrator of the Estate. Depending on the facts and circumstances, the Court may require a bond and additional oversight on an Administrator. Last updated in March of 2010, Washington Probate offers useful information regarding probate and estates.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer