Written by attorney Antonio Gastelum Treviño | Jul 6, 2019

Foreigners Are Subject to Tax for Gifts Given in the U.S.A.

Two of the biggest surprises for foreign investors when they gift money or property in the United States are that the free transfer of such gifts is subject to the federal gift tax and that they are the ones subject to the tax, not the person receiving the gift or transfer.

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer