Written by attorney Brooke Victoria Elvington | May 12, 2016

Florida Motion to Reduce Sentence

People convicted of criminal offenses often ask whether they can file a motion to reduce or modify the sentence. This article briefly details the procedure as outlined in Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.800. This article is informational only and not intended as legal advice.

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer