Annual Employment Law Seminar Final Session is Friday, February 22
In a one-day session,
employment law specialist Tim Bowles will cover the structure and span of current workplace law from a management perspective, including the significant changes for 2019 in California.
The seminar is a must
for all business owners, executives and personnel management staff, setting the foundation for confident hiring and stable business expansion in the new year and beyond.
Emphasis is on practical application.
Attendees are encouraged to ask questions on their particular legal challenges or concerns throughout the session.
This seminar covers several major areas, including:
* New laws affecting California employers
* Workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation protections
* Hiring and firing basics
* Why communication and documentation are vital
* Hiring applications, interviews and testing
* Employment agreements
* Minimum wage, overtime and overtime exemptions
* Staff training, with sample policies and how to implement them
* Termination do's and don'ts, including sample severance pay and release documents
* Discipline and reporting policies
* Workplace drug use and testing (including the effect of new marijuana decriminalization)
* Worker privacy and free speech issues
* Sick leave polices
This seminar includes
sample hard-copy employment forms, policies, and an employee handbook.
Altadena Community Center, 730 East Altadena Drive, Altadena, CA 91001
Friday, February 22, 2019, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
$200 first company attendee; $175 for each additional person attending.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on
their profile in addition to the information we collect from state
bar associations and other organizations that license legal
professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo
with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do
What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.