FIND OUT WHAT’S NEW IN 2019 - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Master Employment Law Seminar for Managers: Session Upcoming Friday, January 18, 2019
2019 brings yet more significant changes in California workplace laws.
Over a day-long session in mid-Januaryand again in February, labor and employment law specialist Tim Bowles will cover the structure and span of current workplace law from a management perspective, including the significant changes for 2019 in California.
Notable changes include:- New laws affecting California employers
- Workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation protections
- Employee ability to report claimed improper workplace practices
- Hiring and firing basics
- Why communication and documentation are vital
- Hiring applications, interviews and testing
- Employment agreements
- Minimum wage, overtime and overtime exemptions
- Staff training, with sample policies and how to implement them
- Termination dos and don'ts, including sample severance pay and release documents
- Workplace drug use and testing (including the effect of new marijuana decriminalization)
- Worker privacy and free speech issues
- Sick leave polices
The seminar is a must for all business owners,executives and personnel management staff, setting the foundation for confident hiring and stable business expansion in the new year and beyond.
Emphasis is on practical application.Attendees are encouraged to ask questions on their particular legal challenges or concerns throughout the session.
Our updated model employee handbook policyand forms will be available in conjunction with this seminar.
These sessions are always well-attended, informative and, according to some, fun:"So helpful and thorough. Very entertaining and educational. I*m not sure how Timothy managed to make legal fun, but he did!" // "Really great seminar. Mr. Bowles really breaks down these labor laws simply making it easy for the average employer to confidently grasp the main understanding of basic labor regulations. I found this very informative. I very much appreciated my experience and highly recommend." // "The seminar was very informative. I was able to get all of my employment law questions answered and even learned new things I didn't know I needed to know. Tim is a great speaker and I look forward to hearing him again."
Where:Altadena Community Center, 730 Altadena Drive, Altadena, CA 91001
When:Friday, January 18 or Friday, February 22, 2019, 9:30 a.m. @ 4:30 p.m.
Pricing:$200 first company attendee; $175 for each additional person attending.
Lunchand snacks will be served.
To reserve your spot,please contact us at (626) 583-6600 or [email protected] Seating is limited.