FIND OUT WHAT’S NEW IN 2019
Reserve Your Seat Now For the Annual Employment Law Seminar
In a one-day session offeredin mid-January and again in February, employment law specialist Tim Bowles will cover the structure and span of current workplace law from a management perspective, including the significant changes for 2019 in California.
The seminar is a mustfor all business owners, executives and personnel management staff, setting the foundation for confident hiring and stable business expansion in the new year and beyond.
Emphasis is on practical application.Attendees are encouraged to ask questions on their particular legal challenges or concerns throughout the session.
This seminar covers several major areas, including:* New laws affecting California employers
* Workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation protections
* Hiring and firing basics
* Why communication and documentation are vital
* Hiring applications, interviews and testing
* Employment agreements
* Minimum wage, overtime and overtime exemptions
* Staff training, with sample policies and how to implement them
* Termination do*s and don*ts, including sample severance pay and release documents
* Discipline and reporting policies
* Workplace drug use and testing (including the effect of recent marijuana decriminalization)
* Worker privacy and free speech issues
* Sick leave polices
This seminar includessample hard-copy employment forms, policies, and an employee handbook.
Where:Altadena Community Center, 730 Altadena Drive, Altadena, CA 91001
When:Friday, January 18 or Friday, February 22, 2018, 9:30 a.m. * 4:30 p.m.
Pricing:$200 first company attendee; $175 for each additional person attending.
Lunch and snacks will be served.To reserve your spot, please contact us at (626) 583-6600 or [email protected] Seating is limited.