Written by attorney Maya Shulman

Filing For Marital Tort in Abusive Marriages

Although physical violence is an easily recognizable marital tort, there can be other forms of abuse as well within a marriage. Any tort inflicted by one spouse that causes mental, physical or emotional distress to the other spouse is classified as “marital tort.”

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer