Written by attorney Romy B Jurado

Everything You Need to Know About The L-1 Visa For Foreign Workers

The L-1 visa for foreign workers enables companies to easily transfer their employees to their affiliate or parent company in the US. While the L-1 visa was originally reserved for multi-national companies, several smaller businesses and startups are beginning to take advantage of the visa.

Additional resources provided by the author

Using the L-1 visa for foreign workers, the company can transfer any one of its executives, managers or employees with specialized knowledge about the company’s procedures or its processes. Once approved, the employee would be able to live and work in the US for up to 7 years and even their spouse and kids would be eligible for an L-2 visa. There are two basic types of the L-1 visa. There’s the L-1A visa for executives and managers, then there’s the L-1B visa for employees with specialized knowledge about the company’s processes or procedures. You need the services of a lawyer to make the right decision. You can get in touch with the law firm of Jurado & Farshchian by either calling (305) 921-0440 or sending an email to [email protected] or visit

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer