ENSURE YOUR EMPLOYMENT LEGAL BASICS ARE SECURE
Model Employee Handbook and Hire-to-Fire Forms Updated for 2019
On the notion that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,we are encouraging our clients to become well educated and to implement forms and policies that will greatly improve a company's legal protection in employment screening, hiring, training, terminations, and other related issues.
Over the past two decades,we have developed and refined a "soup-to-nuts" employee handbook and a package of basic hire-to-fire forms and policies.
We now offer our 2019 revised materials,containing critical additions for compliance with important legal changes this year. Not the least of these are the modifications that have arisen from the #Metoo movement's push for greater protections against all forms of workplace harassment.
Our model forms and policies include:* Employment applications (including releases that acknowledge an employer's use of pre-
employment tests, notwithstanding the Americans with Disabilities Act and California*s constitutional privacy protections);
* Form job description (again, setting the foundation for use of tests at the pre-employment stage);
* Pre-employment procedures policy (properly positioning the above tests as aimed at job-related qualities rather than physical or mental disabilities);
* Employment agreement (including confidentiality/non-disclosure of company trade secrets and mandatory mediation and/or arbitration in the event of a dispute);
* Termination policy, checklist and standard release (to be applied with troublesome employees for greater protection against later, frivolous suits).
Our comprehensive model employee handbook includes:* Conditions of Company Employment
* Discrimination and Harassment, Prevention and Handling
* Employee Compensation
* Employee Benefits
* Employee Job Performance; Mutual Termination Rights
* Employee Privacy Expectations, Employer Access to Employee Maintained Databases
* Unpaid Time Off
* Job-Related Injury or Illness
* Workplace Health and Safety
* Drug and Alcohol Policy; Drug Testing
ORDER NOW,as prices go up on March 1, 2019.
For more details and to order,contact client services director Loretta Gardea at 626.583.6600 or email her at [email protected]