ENSURE WORKPLACE LEGAL COMPLIANCE
2019 Employee Handbook, Hire-to-Fire Forms
Over the past two decades,we have developed and refined a “soup-to-nuts” employee handbook and package of basic hire-to-fire forms and policies. Company implementation of these materials means greatly improved legal compliance in employment screening, hiring, training, terminations, and related actions.
Our 2019 model employment handbook and formscontain significant revisions to keep pace with new laws and recent case decisions, many of them prompted by the #metoo movement.
Our model forms and policies include:• Employment application (including an acknowledgement for pre-employment testing within limits set by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s privacy protections);
• Form job description (again, setting the foundation for proper pre-employment testing);
• Employment agreement (including confidentiality/non-disclosure of company customer lists)
• Alternative dispute resolution agreement (setting out terms for mediation and mandatory arbitration in lieu of courtroom litigation);
• Paid sick days benefit policies (detailing the several alternative plans under California’s recent laws);
• Meal and rest period confirmation form (limiting possible employee claims over missed breaks); and
• Termination policy, checklist and standard release (to be applied with troublesome employees for greater protection against later, frivolous suits).
Our comprehensive model employee handbook includes:• Conditions of company employment
• Discrimination and harassment, prevention and handling
• Employee compensation, including overtime and exemptions from overtime
• Hours of work; provided meal, rest, recovery times
• Employee benefits
• Employee job performance; mutual termination rights
• Employee privacy expectations, including employer access to employee-maintained databases and social media guidelines
• Paid and unpaid time off
• Job-related injury or illness
• Workplace health and safety
• Drug and alcohol policy; drug testing
CONTACT US TO ORDER NOWTo order or for more information, contact client services director Loretta Gardea at 626.583.6600 or email her at [email protected]