Written by attorney Katrin Eleonore Falco

Enforcing Child Support

Do you need help enforcing child support to a parent who isn't paying? Watch this video and let our experienced Saratoga family law attorney work for you.

First and foremost, what you can do is file an enforcement or violation petition with the local family court. You may want to refer to your agreement on the provisions that you may need to comply with in order to enforce the agreement and obtain counsel fees. Otherwise, the family court act may entitle you to an award of counsel fees.

Jean M. Mahserjian, Esq., is a New York family law and divorce attorney in Albany, Saratoga, and the surrounding areas. If you are experiencing an issue in family law, divorce, child custody, or child support give us a call for a consultation at 518-380-2588 or visit us online at (

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer