Written by attorney Mark Saul Schondorf | Mar 30, 2014

Enforcement of Divorce Court Orders

There is a practical question to all court orders – how can they be enforced? The primary mechanism is the Petition for Rule to Show Cause, by which an enforcing party requests that the court order the defaulting party to explain (or “show cause” in legal parlance) why he or she failed to abide by a

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer