Written by attorney Vanya Hession

Elements of a VAWA Self-Petition

Many immigrants who have been battered by their abusive U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouses may petition the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status or a “green card” under the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”). Both men and women can be self-petitioners.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer