E599a Happy Labor Day 1. Wills & Estate Seminars online. There have been many changes to NJ Estate Planning and Probate and Elder Law. 2. Congratulations Shannon Vercammen, engaged to Zach Gildenberg, Financial Advisor this weekend 3. Jail always applies to criminal driving while suspended, Laurick application denied 4. Join us for Outdoor fun, inexpensive outdoor concerts& September events 5. Fly the Flag on 9/11
1. Wills & Estate Seminars online. There have been many changes to NJ Estate Planning and Probate and Elder Law.As my clients mature, we do more Estate Planning & Probate, Estate Administration and Orders to Show Cause. We invite you and friends to attend one of the Library WILLS & ESTATE ADMINISTRATION zoom seminars.
Sept 21 Spotswood Library Will & Estates
Sept 22 North Brunswick Will & Estates
Free but registration requested via the link
Registration is required at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tde-sqjouE9fXmYAWFx34o1BJgoyDnVIG
October 6 Piscataway Library Will & Estates
Link for free registration:
Oct 19 Metuchen Library Will & Estates
Programs are also posted at https://njwills.blogspot.com
If you do not have an up to date Power of Attorney or Will, have one prepared.
2. Congratulations Shannon VercammenCongratulations Shannon Vercammen, engaged to Zach Gildenberg, Financial Advisor this weekend.
3. Jail always applies to criminal driving while suspended, Laurick application deniedState v. Konecny, Appellate Division, Per Curiam. Defendant appealed his sentence for fourth-degree operating a motor vehicle during a period of license suspension, N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26(b). In 1986 and 1999, defendant was convicted of driving while under the influence, N.J.S.A. 39:4-50. He was convicted in 2016 of refusing to submit to testing, N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.4a, and his driver's license was suspended for two years. While his license was suspended, he was stopped three separate times for driving with a suspended license. On April 16, 2018, defendant pled guilty to three charges of operating a motor vehicle during a period of license suspension, N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26(b). For each offense, defendant acknowledged that at the time he operated his vehicle, he knew his license was suspended. Defendant sought post-conviction relief (PCR) regarding the 1999 DWI and 2016 refusal conviction pursuant to State v. Laurick, 120 N.J. 1 (1990), arguing an uncounseled prior DWI conviction could not be used to increase a custodial term for subsequent DWI convictions. Defendant was granted PCR relief for both convictions on the basis that a DWI conviction may not be used to enhance any subsequent conviction of N.J.S.A 39:3-40 or N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26 pursuant to Laurick. On October 23, 2018, defendant was sentenced on the driving while suspended offenses to concurrent terms of two years' probation and 180 days in jail with 180 days of parole ineligibility on each offense, plus appropriate fines and penalties. The trial judge rejected defendant's request that he apply Laurick on the N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26(b) charges. The judge found Laurick was inapplicable as N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26 was a mandatory minimum sentence, and not an enhanced sentence. On appeal, the court affirmed the lower court's decision. The court found Laurick did not apply to convictions under N.J.S.A. 2C:40-26. The elements of the statute were satisfied and the mandatory period of incarceration applied.
4. Join us for Outdoorfun, inexpensive outdoor concerts& September eventsFree Woodbridge Summer concerts are on for 2020! All concerts will take place on the lawn at Woodbridge High School to allow for social distancing http://woodbridgeartsnj.org.
If you are going to any events email Ken V
Woodbridge High School (all start at 7:30 p.m.)
Sept. 8: Starman (David Bowie tribute)
9/9 Back to the Garden 1969 (Woodstock tribute)
9/12 Edison Elks End of the Pandemic Summer Bash Public · Hosted by Edison Elks #2487 - Edison, NJ
9/13 Blue Meanies Tribute to The Monkees 7pm
9/14 Elvis Tribute Woodbridge High School
9/15 Saints In The City at the Woodbridge Concert Series.
SEP 16 Woodbridge Mayor's Outdoor Concert with Shore Soundz!
9/17 9South band https://www.facebook.com/9South-46581173926/
9/20 Southern Steel
Outside of Woodbridge
SEP 17 Guns 4 Hire Electric End of Summer Party at BeachWalk Public · Hosted by Social-Butterfly Debbie, Guns 4 Hire Acoustic Trio $20
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 @ 6:00PM
RAINBOW FULL of SOUND The Complete Europe 72 Album at the BIERGARTEN HAMILTON NJ
The BierGarten @ the German - American Society of Trenton / Hamilton NJ, Hamilton NJ
SEP 19 Annual Kilt Run 10am· Hosted by Belmar Lake Como St. Patrick's Day Parade
9/19 Hash run Saturday: 10:17a.m. Meet up at Fox Hollow Vineyards
SEP 19 Kindred Spirit at Mercer County Park Drive-in Concert -Sept 19 Public Hosted by Kindred Spirit
9/20 of Hunterdon County 5k Race for Hunger XC 5k
9/24 Edison Elks Thirsty Thursday with outdoor band
SEP 25 Drunken Clams Band at Coopers Riverview!
9/26 Oktoberfest Hamilton German club 2020
Public · Hosted by 80's UnderCover, The Adlers Band and 3 others
9/27 Phoenix Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon hosted by The Joseph Citta Scout Reservation in Barnegat NJ.
plus Monday nights Long Branch open water swim 6pm
5. Fly the Flag on 9/11Get your Flag Ready! Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this Email to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it. If you forward this email to at least 11 people and each of those people does the same, you get the idea.
On September 11th, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on the anniversary of one our country's worst tragedies.
Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.
Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.
Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.
Clients, friends, attorneys please write a good review on Google
You can also email comments and we can help post for you.
Recommend us on Facebook
- Write a good review on Yelp https://www.yelp.com/biz/kenneth-vercammen-and-assoc-attorney-at-law-edison
-Write a good review on Avvo https://www.avvo.com/review-your-lawyer
Attorneys who we have helped can also forward positive comments to us for our online reviews.