- Define your niche market.
- Develop your business identity.
- Write brief mission statement.
- Have a reliable source for your product- manufacturers/suppliers.
- Have a reliable source to deliver your product- direct delivery or drop-shippers.
Address your Web Logistics
- Choose a web hosting provider.
- Address costs, liability and your plan on how to handle service interruptions, denial of service, or risks associated with the products and/or services you offer.
- Designing your e-commerce site: Will you contract a web designer and/or graphic designer?
- Address web-marketing & Search Engine Optimization for your website and products - How will you ensuring that your clients find you on the web?
Address your Business Logistics
- Establish your phone & fax service.
- Establish PayPal/Google checkout accounts or a merchant account (direct credit card processing)?
- Create your business procedures, fees and dispute mechanisms.
- Information Security: Determine what services are offered/needed to establish
security for payments and/or the personal information of your customers/site users.
- Contract with a preferred shipper: set up shipping provider accounts; establish fixed & discount shipping rates.
- Purchase shipping supplies.
- Contract with suppliers/vendors.
Create the Terms & Conditions of Use for your website:
- Consider disclaimers & limitations of liability.
- What state's laws will apply? How and where will disputes be litigated?
- How will you require customers/users to read these Terms & Conditions and make them legally binding?
Warranties/liability for products, services, content:
- charge backs, consumer disputes, procedures for returns
- responsibility for shipping and handling costs
- Liability for 3rd party content (product descriptions, endorsements, comments)
- Liability and use of copyrighted materials/trademarks- Will you monitor copyright issues and complaints?
- Establish procedures for safeguarding certain non-personal information.
- Determine marketing practices: Will you sell website user information?
- Certain industries and certain information require privacy notices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal and state laws (particularly if kids under 13yrs use your site).
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on
their profile in addition to the information we collect from state
bar associations and other organizations that license legal
professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo
with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do
What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.