Skip to main content

E 1 & E 2 visas for Treaty Traders and Investors

Posted by attorney Scott Warmuth

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?