Drug & Alcohol Drug Screening - NORTH CAROLINA - Defrauding Devices
§ 14-401.20. Defrauding drug and alcohol screening tests; penalty.
(a) It is unlawful for a person to do any of the following:
(1) Sell, give away, distribute, or market urine in this State or transport urine into this State with the intent that it be used to defraud a drug or alcohol screening test.
(2) Attempt to foil or defeat a drug or alcohol screening test by the substitution or spiking of a sample or the advertisement of a sample substitution or other spiking device or measure.
(b) It is unlawful for a person to do any of the following:
(1) Adulterate a urine or other bodily fluid sample with the intent to defraud a drug or alcohol screening test.
(2) Possess adulterants that are intended to be used to adulterate a urine or other bodily fluid sample for the purpose of defrauding a drug or alcohol screening test.
(3) Sell adulterants with the intent that they be used to adulterate a urine or other bodily fluid sample for the purpose of defrauding a drug or alcohol screening test.
(c) A violation of this section is punishable as follows:
(1) For a first offense under this section, the person is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
(2) For a second or subsequent offense under this section, the person is guilty of a Class I felony. (2002-183, s. 1.)
Additional resources provided by the author
- Criminal Defense Lawyers in North Carolina
- Bill Powers – Professional Bio - Criminal Defense Lawyers Charlotte NC
- north carolina general statutes
- Retaining Legal Representation: What is the Next Step After the Free Consultation
- Bill Powers – Super Lawyers NC Magazine – Information & Criteria to be Included
- Bill Powers - Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in NC - National Trial Lawyers - Criterion for Inclusion
- North Carolina Traffic Violations Help - Carolina Attorneys
- I'm in Jail - Now What? Carolina Attorneys
- How to handle Domestic Violence Charges - Assault and Assault & Battery in NC
- How Can a Lawyer Help? Charlotte, NC Law Firm
- I'm just sayin' - President Bill Powers - NCAJ.com
- Listen to Law Talk with Bill Powers - Family Law, Domestic Violence, and Restraining Orders in North Carolina