Written by attorney Jason Allan Jenkins

Do I need a lawyer to set up a special needs trust?

No, a lawyer is not necessarily required to set up a special needs trust. However, due to the drafting requirements and difficulty that surrounds the formation of a trust in general and the specifics that go into creating a special needs trust, it is advised that you seek out an elder law or special needs attorney. Elder law attorneys are very familiar with special needs trust and will help you navigate through the process.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer