Skip to main content

Do I have to pay any of my medical bills for a work-related injury in Florida?

The answer to that question depends on the following: If you seek medical attention from the authorized treating physician, then the workers' comp carrier pays for all of those medical bills, and you owe no difference if any is owed. If, however, you seek medical attention without the permission of the workers' comp carrier, then you would have to pay those bills.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Recommended articles about Personal injury

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer