Written by attorney Guichard St. Surin

Do I have to complete the entire probation time?


Not necessarily. The law allows you to petition the court to early terminate your probation after you had completed half of your probation. For the court to even consider granting it, you have to make sure that you have fulfilled all of your probationary obligations. All the fines have been paid. Any community service has been done and completed. Also, if there were substance abuse evaluation that you needed to do that it is completed and that you followed any and all recommended treatment plans. If the only reason you’re on probation is just to be on probation, then the court may decide to early terminate your probation, but it is not guaranteed.

Additional resources provided by the author

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved. We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers. With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again. We truly are here to serve the one. For more information, Please visit our website or schedule a consultation.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer