Written by attorney Todd J. Zimmer

Divorce and You: Answers To Your Questions

Additional resources provided by the author

HELPFUL RESOURCES Besides the resources listed in this guide for dealing with issues of domestic violence, there are other groups and organizations that may be a great source of help and information. The following is a list of a few such resources to help you begin the task of educating yourself with respect to the issues contained in this guide. Family Service League of Suffolk County (631) 587-1906 Divorce and separation support groups facilitated by certified NYS social workers, as well as other services, are available. Individual counseling is also available. Many insurance carriers accepted. Smithtown Consultation Center (631) 265-0877 Dr. Louis Gallagher, Director. Highly effective and concerned clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of depression, anxiety, separation, divorce and child custody issues. YMHA of Suffolk County (631) 462-9800 Provides varied support groups led by certified social workers. For Our Children and Us (FOCUS) (631) 433-6633 Advocacy group for child rights. Suffolk County Fathers Rights Association (631) 783-1636 Provides support groups and advocates for the rights of fathers in the legal system. Mid-Island YMHA, Plainview, New York j (631) 822-3535 Provides an assortment of divorce, separation, and relationship–based programs and support groups. Divorced and Separated Catholics (631) 331-6145 Family Education and Guidance Services (FEGS) (631) 496-7550 Provides seminars on the topics of separation, divorce, and re-entering relationships. Also provides counseling services. Women’s Center fo Huntington (631) 549-0485 Parents Without Partners (631) 924-6404 (Suffolk County) (516) 388-0670 (Nassau County) Provides support groups, programs and activities for single parents.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer