2018-2019 Deadlines For Fen Phen Victims To File Worsened Injury Claims in the AHP Settlement Trust
A guide to the deadlines by which Pondimin & Redux users must file their new or worsened injury claims with the AHP Settlement Trust.
TIMING OF QUALIFYING INJURIES:Qualifying injuries must have been diagnosed prior to the Pondimin and/or Redux User's 80th birthday. Beyond that, what injuries qualify, and when they must have occurred, depends on whether he or she participated in the Seventh Amendment Supplemental Fund.
For Those Who Have Already Received Matrix Benefits From The Original AHP Settlement FundSupplemental Claims for worsened injuries may be filed by those who:
- Previously received Matrix Compensation from the AHP Settlement Trust; and
- Did not participate in the Seventh Amendment Supplemental Fund; and
- Have been diagnosed with a medical condition that qualifies for a Matrix Compensation level and dollar value above any previous awards received; and
- The qualifying Matrix Compensation medical condition was diagnosed before the patient's 80th birthday and within four years of the date the claim will be filed.birthday. The deadline for filing a progression of injury claim is the later of November 8, 2014, or four years from the date the qualifying injury was diagnosed.
If You Opted-Out Of The 7th Amendment And Have Not Yet Received Matrix BenefitsOriginal Claims may be filed by those who:
- Have not yet received Matrix Compensation; and
- Filed an opt-out form by November 9, 2004 removing themselves from participation in the Seventh Amendment Supplemental Fund; and
- Did not file an opt-out form removing themselves from the AHP Settlement Trust; and
- Did not settle a claim for Pondimin or Redux injuries outside of the AHP Trust; and
- Can prove that a Matrix Compensation medical condition existed before December 31, 2015; and
- Have been diagnosed with a qualifying Matrix Compensation medical condition before the patient's 80th birthday and within four years of the date the claim will be filed.
For Those Who Participated In The Seventh Amendment Supplemental FundAll deadlines for filing claims have passed for those who participated in the Seventh Amendment Supplemental Fund.