It makes good sense to fight a construction zone speeding ticket. While the law is strict about construction zone speeding, a good traffic defense attorney will examine all the circumstances.
These types of violations can threaten your driver's license, result in heavy fines, raise your insurance rates, send you to mandatory classes or community service, and even affect your freedom. Therefore, it is important to talk to a traffic violations lawyer about your tickets.
What Issues or Defenses are involved.
* Were you caught on camera?
* Was the construction zone traffic monitoring site clearly marked, telling drivers that a video camera was being used?
* Was the ticket sent by certified mail within 14 business days of the alleged violation?
* Was the radar gun faulty? Was it properly calibrated?
* Was the officer available to testify at your hearing?
* Did the officer give you a ticket personally?
* Were you driving a rental or Company vehicle?
* Were you the registered owner of the vehicle involved?
You have a right to defend yourself against traffic violation charges. Every violation contributes points to your record and threatens your driving privileges. Depending on the circumstances, a motorist may be able to have the charges reduced or dismissed.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.
What determines Avvo Rating?
Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.