Written by attorney Olga Someras | Apr 29, 2014

Commencing a Residential Nonpayment Proceeding in Housing Court in New York City

How to commence a summary eviction proceeding in New York City for nonpayment of rent. This guide is for residential tenancies, and does not address any particular type of tenancy (e.g. rent regulated or section 8).

Additional resources provided by the author

If you are a landlord of a building with five or fewer units, then you may be able to utilize the court's do it yourself program:

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer