Written by attorney Vincent Peter White

Collecting Back or Unpaid Wages in New York

For certain jobs at certain levels of compensation, you may contact the Department of Labor for assistance collecting wages owed to workers. Once they file a claim with the Department of Labor, Labor Standards investigates and endeavors to collect on these claims for:

  • Unpaid wages
  • Withheld wages
  • Illegal deductions

We also enforce the rules that forbid employers from:

Submit completed claim forms to:

NYS DOL Division of Labor Standards State Office Campus Building 12, Room 185C Albany, NY 12240

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer