Written by attorney Paul Jason Phipps

Child Custody in Florida

Child custody is referred to as Time Sharing in the State of Florida, and relates to the who, when, and where the child(ren) spend their time post divorce or separation. I use the word custody for ease of reference only. This guide provides a summary that covers most FAQ's I've encountered.

Additional resources provided by the author

You can find many family law forms, including different versions of a Parenting Plan, at the Florida Supreme Court website. You can also find Florida Statutes 61.13 and 61.30 online. I hope this guide has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck with your case.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer