Written by attorney Elizabeth Rose Blandon

Can I Return to the US as a Visitor If I Withdraw My Asylum Application?

This explains the problem (and options) for someone who withdraws a pending asylum application (Form I-589) and then attempts to return to the United States on a visitor visa. It does NOT discuss I-589 withdrawal after a person is in Immigration Court proceedings.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer