Written by attorney Samuel J Sorensen | Mar 19, 2016

How to relocate with your child

Many divorcing or recently divorced parents desire to move closer to family or away from their ex-spouse. These moves can be problematic if the move is a great distance. Here are some things to think about if you are contemplating a move.

Additional resources provided by the author

Relocation situations are very difficult because there really is no middle ground. Either the children can move with you or they stay with your ex-spouse. If you would like additional information, look at Utah Code Ann 30-3-37, or talk with a Utah family law attorney.

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 5-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer