Skip to main content

Can I Recover Interest In My Lawsuit in California?

Depending on the claims (contract or tort) you raise in your complaint, you may be entitled to pre and post judgment interest. If you wish to recover interest, you must request it as part of your prayer for relief in your complaint. For contract claims it is 10% and 7% for Tort.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer