Written by attorney Joshua David Ramirez

Can I prevent an in law from benefitting from my child's inheritance?

An inheritance from your mother or father is your separate property. If we maintain segregation from your child's spouse we can maintain that separation of property and it will not be subject to their divorce. If we're very concerned about a future divorce and maintaining that segregation we can set up what's known as a beneficiary controlled asset protection trust.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer