Written by attorney Peggy Y. Cruz-Townsend

Can I get visitation or custody/time-sharing? I was not married to the mother and not on birth cert.

You can absolutely can get time-sharing with a child. It is done through the filing of a paternity petition. In that paternity petition, you can request time-sharing, you can request that child support be established, you can request that you be allowed to share in the major decisions related to the child.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer