Skip to main content

Can I Get My DUI Case Dismissed or Reduced?

Posted by attorney Jackson Hilliard

Many people charged with a DUI ask the question, "Can I get my DUI case dismissed or reduced?" This is a very common question. Ultimately, your case can be dismissed or reduced by challenging the court's ruling.

In any DUI case, the prosecution bears the burden of proving you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on the state trying you for DUI, there are certain aspects of your DUI case that can be challenged which will ultimately determine whether your case can be dismissed or reduced.

If you are looking for a DUI defense attorney in Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa, call me. My initial consultation is Free of Charge. I also offer weekend and evening appointments. I accept major credit cards, and I provide payment plans. Please call (727) 489-2101 to make an appointment, or visit for more information.

Additional resources provided by the author

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Avvo DUI email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and legal advice about DUIs.

Recommended articles about DUI

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer