Skip to main content

Can I get a limited license or work permit following a Florida drunk driving conviction?


It depends. In some situations, no, but in some situations as well, you can petition the DMV to get your license reinstate and have a business purpose only license. It is something that could also be ordered through the court system, but the court system in DMV they are two separate entities. Even if the court were to agree to give you a business purpose only license, the DMV does not necessarily have to go along with it. They can still suspend your license regardless of what the court decides.

Additional resources provided by the author

For more information, Please visit our website or schedule a consultation.

Rate this guide

Avvo DUI email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and legal advice about DUIs.

Recommended articles about DUI

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer