Written by attorney Jared E Everton

Can I File a Lawsuit Against my HOA for Injuries?

Yes, an injured individual can file suit against a homeowners association when they are injured due to the association’s negligence. The association is under a duty to keep the common areas and facilities reasonably safe. If a community knows that the slide is in disrepair at the park and fails to make the slide safe for the children they can be held liable for the child’s injuries caused by the slide. Most associations carry liability insurance to protect them in case of an injury lawsuit.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer